Step by step instructions how to make some really cool girl's cupcakes
We all now that girls like princesses, Barby, fairies, Tinkerbell... So, if you choose any of those to adorn girls birthday cupcakes, you will not go wrong! You may only have trouble deciding what kind of topper you should go with.
That decision greatly depends on your decorating skills. The easiest would be edible cupcake images. They can be customized, which makes them very attractive and desirable! Edible pictures are always welcomed idea for cake decorating
We hope that the step by step instructions and videos will help you make a great birthday cupcake for a little princess:
How to make Princess Cupcakes
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Add the flour mixture and milk and beat all well until combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the paper liners and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Let them cool completely.
While the cupcakes are being cooled, prepare the strawberry Swiss meringue butter cream icing.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1. Puree the strawberries in the food processor until completely smooth.
2. Whisk sugar and egg whites in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter and mix well.
4. Add strawberry puree and beat until combined
5. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes using icing bag and on top of each cupcake place the crown made of royal icing.
6. On each crow put sugar pearls.
How to make a Princess Doll Cake and Cupcakes
For this lovely cake you will need:
- A doll
- 3 round chocolate cakes
- Swiss merange butter cream
- Fondant icing
1. Bake three round chocolate cake make a hole in the center of each cake.
2. Place the cakes on each other and curve the shape of the skirt.
3. Grease each cake with Swiss merange butter cream and cover the whole cake with this cream.
4. Take fondant and color it in pink with food coloring. Cut out a template for bodice and use it to cut out rolled fondant that previously has been textured. Stick the fondant bodice on the doll using edible glue.
5. Them make frill of the skirt out of yellow fondant and stick it all the way from the bottom of the skirt. Make three rows all around the skirt and for the rest of the skirt just make the halves to cover the front part of the skirt.
6. Roll out pink fondant, cut around to get the circle shape, cover with pattern, cut up the middle with circle cutter and cut down on a side. Put it around the back of the cake.
7. Cut the second piece of fondant and cover the back on top of the previous fondant. Cut out the excess fondant.
8. Insert the doll inside the cake.
9. Make decorations for the doll out of fondant (flowers, straps…).
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the pan. Line the muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with a mixer until nice and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix all well.
6. Add milk and beat well until combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan using ice-cream scoop.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes. When baked let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove the cupcakes from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Decorate the cupcakes using colored fondant.
10. Roll out the fondant, cut the circles and cover the cupcakes with it. Cover the fondant with patterns.
11. Cut out different shapes out of fondant using fondant cupcakes cutters and place them on top of each cupcake.
How to make cute Tinker Bell Cupcakes
These lovely Tinker Bell cupcakes are ideal for girls' birthday. They are Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes and here are ingredients that you need to make them:
- 4tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cups plus 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tsp Instant Pink Lemonade Mix
- 4 large strawberries
You will make 9-10 cupcakes out of these ingredients.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Cream butter, sugar and lemonade mix until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, salt, soda and egg yolks and mix.
4. Mix in butter milk and gradually add flour.
5. Add carefully diced strawberries. Make sure not to smash them as it will cause you cupcakes to be too moist and won't bake properly.
6. Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
Cover the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- 8 ounces cold cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
1. Combine butter, salt and cream cheese and beat with a mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add sugar and mix until thick but not fluffy.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Fill the piping bag with the frosting and using star shaped tip frost the cupcakes.
5. Put some little flowers and place Tinker Bell toppers on top of each cupcake
How to make Fairy Cupcakes
- 185gr self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 185gr butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 185gr sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line the muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour and baking powder.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a mixer.
4. Add vanilla extract to the butter and mix all the ingredients until nice and fluffy.
5. Add eggs one at the time beating well after each addition.
6. Add flour and baking soda and beat well.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cupcakes get golden color on top.
8. Place them on a wire rack to cool.
Now make glace icing to decorate the cupcakes.
- 100gr icing sugar
- 1tbsp water
1. Mix icing sugar with water and beat until smooth.
2. Add color and mix.
3. Ice your cupcakes and add some decorations.