Wednesday

3D Tow Mater Cake Decorating Techniques


 Children usually want unusual cakes in shape of their favorite characters from cartoons. This cake is specially made for my little nephew who turned 4 last month. It took me whole day to make this cake look fabulous and I think I did it. Look my 3D Tow Mater cake decorating techniques if you decide to create this cake.

Tow Mater Cake

For this cake I baked two chocolate layers. First, I beat egg whites with sugar, then I added flour baking powder, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. I poured it into the greased and floured pan and baked in the preheated oven for about 30 min. I used one bigger and one smaller square pan. When the layers were baked I left them to cool.


Meanwhile I prepared chocolate butter cream. I beat eggs with sugar, added milk and cooked it on the steam until thicken. When the mixture was thicken I moved it from the heat and put in the fridge to cool. When cooled I added mixed butter and greased the layers with it. The whole cake I covered with chocolate fondant.

All the details on the car I made out of fondant as well as tires. I painted the car with the food color using paint brush. It was very hard to make all the details but it was worth it. I was astonished when I finished the cake and I think that you're going to like it too. Although I spent all day making 3D Tow Mater cake but kids on my nephew's birthday party were amazed claiming that they've never seen such lovely cake before.

Nelly Adams, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...