Thursday

Wedding Cake Flavors - Advice 3


I think it's a great idea to have more than one flavor! There were 3 layers in each tier of my wedding cake. I chose Almond batter, with Raspberry batter in the middle layer, so when you cut into it, it looked like white cake with a pink stripe in the middle. It was neat since my wedding colors were pink. I even had multiple filling flavors so the final cake tier looked like this its in layers:

ALMOND BATTER (white)
white chocolate mousse filling
RASPBERRY BATTER (pink)
milk chocolate mousse filling
ALMOND BATTER (white)

It was delicious! And it went over with the guests really well.



***
I work at a reception hall and help cut the cake, and there is always more than one flavor. Going with more than one gives the guests a choice. They seem to like that.

***
I dont even remember what my wedding cake tasted like, I had that one bite and that was it....I would offer one flavor for everyone, some guests may feel left out if they got one flavor and not the other.




***
I am having a three layer with two flavors chocolate and vanilla. They are gonna be alternating.My confectioner says that its okay to do it like that.

But ultimately the choice is your.Once you and your groom are happy, I am sure the guest will be also.

***


Our cake had three flavors, one for each tier. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. It didn't cause any confusion.

We had the reception folks cut the cake into serving pieces while guests were eating dinner. Then the cake was passed out as dessert. The leftovers were wrapped up and put on a table close to the door. Guests either ate the piece they got, or they traded with someone else at the table. If they wanted another piece as they were leaving, they just picked up one they wanted.

We avoided confusion by not giving guests a choice as to what flavor they wanted. They were handed a piece of cake, and either they liked it or they didn't. This seemed fair to me, since they wouldn't have a choice either if all the cake were the same flavor.

However, if you only like one flavor, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But if you want more than one, go for it. Things will be fine!


***

I recommend 2 flavors for your cake, no matter how big it is. When you have more than that it lessens the amount of slices of a particular kind available to your guests and some might not get the piece they hoped for. And when you have only 1 kind of cake you will definitely have people who wont touch it for one reason or another.

Just a little friendly advice, go with 2 flavors. Good luck!


Source:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ah9ublrp5yxn_AxZ2_U9D4IjzKIX?qid=20061201004933AAS1Ce0



Now get your lifetime memebreship
at Dream Cakes Made Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...